[Tutor] A way to restart a script after it runs?

Kent Johnson kent_johnson at skillsoft.com
Fri Oct 22 02:02:59 CEST 2004

I'm not sure what the OP wants to accomplish, but this probably won't do
it. Imported modules are cached in sys.modules. 'del myscript' unbinds the
name myscript from <module 'myscript'> in the current namespace; it doesn't
actually unload the module itself.

reload(myscript) may do what you want, it will force the module to be
reloaded. A better description of the problem would help.

Kent