[Tutor] recommended IDE for windows?

Bill Mill bill.mill at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 18:05:46 CEST 2004

Hey,

I'm gonna be the stodgy old man and second Mike's suggestion of
Vim/Emacs. I prefer Vim personally (It is the editor to rule all
editors!) but many prefer Emacs. Both editors are cross-platform to
*everything*, so you almost never have to leave your editor behind.
Furthermore, both have plugins for *everything* under the sun - syntax
coloring, CVS uploading, etc etc.

There are a lot of advantages to being good at a particular text
editor; I find it comes in handy all the time. It sucks to learn, but
boy is it useful once you get over the hump.

Peace
Bill Mill