[Tutor] "Clean screen" (where screen==stdout) functionality needed, but o n Windows

Branimir Petrovic BranimirP at cpas.com
Thu Oct 28 19:19:03 CEST 2004

I am looking for a way to occasionally clear whatever executing Python
script have sent to stdout so far.

"DOS-box" cls equivalent is preferred, although if all other fails I
might just print N empty lines to scroll printed stuff out of the way...

Preferably I'd like to be able to make (or fake) minimally functional
command line interface environment for Python scripts on Windows.
Should I be looking for something specific in Win32all?

While it would be great if my Python script would be able to figure out
how big is the "box" (DOS box that is) it uses for its stdout (in order
to know how much "real estate" it has for its output), just the ability
to clear it all up at will and start printing from the upper left corner
would do for now.

Googling uncovered this http://flangy.com/dev/python/curses/ but being
in "Alpha 3" release from the beginning of this year and without any
later updates...

Any ideas and/or pointers on how to create usable command line
interface for Python scripts on Windows platform is very welcome.

Branimir