[Tutor] Ftplib: using LIST command timing out

Barrett Smith SMITHB2 at WESTAT.com
Thu Oct 14 22:57:46 CEST 2004

I'm connecting to my ftp server using the ftplib, and can make and destroy
directories, upload files, and so forth just fine.  When I try to use the
retrlines() method with the LIST command the operation times out.

The specific line is:

Connection.retrlines('LIST')

Anyone had this problem before or know how to fix it?  Is it possible my
host is somehow restricting the LIST command (though since I'm logging in to
my ftp account via python I don't understand how it would work)?