[Tutor] Listing function arguments

Bernard Lebel python at bernardlebel.com
Thu Sep 2 00:32:30 CEST 2004

Hi Alan,

I was simply looking at listing the function parameter names, nothing more.
:-)
I wanted to know what the funciton uses for paramter names, so I can assign
values to variables of the same name and pass them to the function.

In the example I gave I provide default values for these arguments, but
sometimes you want to know before hand what to supply to the function.
However, unless you're working in PythonWin, it's not obvious.

Anyway the tips given by Kent and Andrei are exactly what I wanted:
help( myfunction )

Cheers
Bernard