[Tutor] spitshell for python

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Thu Sep 2 20:59:34 CEST 2004

Someplace in the python.org documentation I saw something analagous to the
perl idiom to start python from a script, but I couldn't find it recently
when I wanted to use it.  The main reason I use this is that I have a key
mapping in vi[m] that does ``:!sh -x %'' to test scripts, and I would like
to have the same think work for python as it now does for shell and perl.

The perl version starts out something like:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
eval ' exec /usr/local/bin/perl -....'

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

It is necessary for the welfare of society that genius should be
privileged to utter sedition, to blaspheme, to outrage good taste, to
corrupt the youthful mind, and generally to scandalize one's uncles.
                -- George Bernard Shaw