[Tutor] names (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 3 08:17:34 CEST 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 20:12:25 -0400
From: Diana Furr <dleigh0 at carolina.rr.com>
To: Danny Yoo <dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: [Tutor] names

I would like to say thank you to Danny Yoo,  Kent Johnson, and R. Alan
Monroe for trying to answer my question. I spent 2 days trying to find the
answer to that question and stumbled on the answer about 30mins after I gave
up looking. name =  raw_input('What is your name?') was the answer that I
was looking for. I do have 1 more question though. I am trying to learn this
but have no computer experience except being a user. Can anyone suggest
book or something to help me out with the meaning of things like (), __str__
. Even the beginner stuff is way over my head at this point. Or is stuff
something that you get used to in time? Again thank you for the help.