[Tutor] beginner help!!!! (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 3 19:38:22 CEST 2004

Hi Jill,

Let me forward your response to Tutor too: please use "Reply-to-All" in
your email client, so that your responses reach the Tutor list.  We want
to make sure you can get help from the whole group, and not just one
person.

Anyway, ok, let's take a look.  Hmmm... from your printout below, I see
that you can get the 'print' statements working ok, so that's good.

When you saved your program, how did you save it?  What does your saved
file look like?

Have you seen this page yet?

    http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/

The tutorial from that link should show how to save and run a program ---
it also covers a few pitfalls that you might be running into.

I have a vague feeling that you might be saving the "transcript" --- that
is, the conversation you're having with the interpreter, but and not just
program statements.

Can you try the tutorial above and see if you can get that sample exercise
working?

Good luck to you.