[Tutor] Search text file, perform action if a given item found in file

Eric eric at digitalert.net
Fri Sep 10 10:31:31 CEST 2004

I'm still new to this so please bare with me. I have spent a few hours
searching google, and trying different combinations
and can't seem to figure out how to use endswith() to search a list, and
to then take a action. In my case I would want to search through
"l.split()[1:2]" for
the port number, and from there depending on if it finds a match it
would go through a if-else statement, and then loop back
to he start to continue monitoring. I think I can handle the second
part, but searching a list, and taking a action based on that search is
somehting
that I am having a hard time grasping. Any help would be greatly greatly
appreciated.

This is the output of print l.split()[1:2]

[]
['Connections']
[]
['Local']