[Tutor] How to? Using the GUI interface of PyUnit under Windows (XP)

André Roberge andre.roberge at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 13 01:15:15 CEST 2004

Sorry for the simple question; my last real programming experiences
were years ago using C under MS-DOS (and FORTRAN on mainframes).
Back then, dealing with environment variables and paths seemed second
nature.
After many years of doing other stuff, I'm starting to program again,
just for the fun of it (and to teach my kids),
learning Python along the way.
I find that I am now addicted to the simplicity of using GUI programs
instead of command lines, and now I am stuck :-(

I want to learn the "test-driven development" using the unittestgui
that comes with PyUnit.  I found that I could run
the tests examples by moving everything
(i.e. unittestguy.py as well as the python modules and test-modules)
in the same directory, but can't seem to get it to work otherwise.

I would like to keep my tests and the corresponding modules in separate
directories,
just to keep things better organised,
and not have to move unittestgui all the time.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

A very embarrassed "old fart/newbie",

André Roberge