[Tutor] bind problem

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 15 23:12:58 CEST 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Kevin wrote:

> Ya that seemed to fix it by changing (' ',port) to ((' ',port)) Thanks
> for the help. This is not a code that I have created it was a mud that
> was posted on sourceforge.net.

Hi Kevin,

No problem.  You'd be surprised how much code out there is buggy.  *grin*

> I have always wanted to do a mud in python so this will give a good idea
> on how to go about doing it. I will need to read up on the socket stuff
> though so that when I go to create my own server I will be able to be up
> to date on it.

Sounds awesome!  When you get more of it working, feel free to tell us
about in on Tutor; it'll be great to hear about it, and the things you did
to make it work.

It sounds like a lot of Python programmers are gravitating toward the
'Twisted' framework for doing network apps.  You may want to look at it if
you have time.

Good luck to you!