[Tutor] static PyObject * or non-static

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 17 19:20:32 CEST 2004

> One thing I did notice in the C API is you can use C++ if you wrap your
> code inside "extern C" statements. Now since I'm more of a C++ guy, it
> seems like using a try catch block would be a lot easier than the gotos

Hi Rob,

Yes, that will probably work.  I have to admit that I haven't touched C++
in a long time, so I might be more incompetent about it than I realize.

But yes, in theory, using exceptions instead of GOTOs should work.  In
fact, when the C++ Special Interest Group stated, that was Point Six of
its agenda:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=b9wwsk79l0.fsf%40laura.llnl.gov&output=gplain

*grin*

If you're interested in C++/Python integration stuff, the c++-sig is
probably the best place to ask questions.  They appear very active! Here's
a link to their mailing list: