[Tutor] pythoncard installation

Nick Lunt nick at javacat.f2s.com
Fri Sep 17 19:39:21 CEST 2004

Hi Folks,

this if off topic but I hope someone can point me in the right
direction, to save me from having to subscribe to the pythoncard mailing
list.

I just installed PythonCard-0.8 on Fedora Core 2 running python-2.3.3 .

I'd already installed wxPython so PythonCard installed fine.
However, I now want to run the resource.py to open the GUI creating
tool, but I get the following error:

[nickl at custard PythonCard]$ pwd
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/PythonCard
[nickl at custard PythonCard]$ python resource.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "resource.py", line 227, in ?
    SpecDoc( 'spec.py', 'ComponentSpecHtmlFormat' )
NameError: name 'SpecDoc' is not defined

resource.py calls a function called SpecDoc, which I cannot find
anywhere.

The following command searches all *.py files on my system and looks for
SpecDoc, and here's the results:

[nickl at custard python2.3]$ find . -name "*.py" -exec grep -l SpecDoc {}
\;
./site-packages/PythonCard/build/lib/PythonCard/resource.py
./site-packages/PythonCard/resource.py

But both of these versions of resource.py fail with the error as shown
above.

Im sorry this is off topic, but I've seen that several folk on here use
PythonCard (hopefully on linux), so Im just wondering if someone can
tell me where Im going wrong here :)

Many thanks
Nick.