[Tutor] regexp help

Kent Johnson kent_johnson at skillsoft.com
Thu Sep 23 16:14:25 CEST 2004

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here. It would help to see a sample
of input and output data.

If you are trying to process stdin by lines, maybe you want to use
something like
for data in sys.stdin:
         # process one line...

The code you have will read all input from stdin and process it at once.
The regex will match everything from the first --==--==--==--==-- to the
last, even spanning many lines. Is that what you want?

Kent