[Tutor] Looking for the nomenclature of an HTML "link checker"

Kent Johnson kent_johnson at skillsoft.com
Fri Sep 24 12:10:02 CEST 2004

It's called a link checker. Here is one you might want to look at: 

At 06:48 PM 9/23/2004 -0700, Tony Cappellini wrote:

>I'm sure ther eis a python recipe for this, but I don't know wha tthe
>correct nomenclature is.
>I'm looking for a Python program that will Walk through all of the links
>in an html page, to validate that the ALL of the links are correct (no
>I'm not looking for an html validator to tell me that an html page doens
>tcomply with a spec.
>I want the program to actually go out to the URL, and simulate clicking on
>the links, and tell me if any links are broken.
>What is this functionality called ??
>Tutor maillist  -  Tutor at python.org

More information about the Tutor mailing list