[Tutor] ImportError: DLL load failed

Ajay abra9823 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Mon Sep 27 15:36:47 CEST 2004

Quoting Gus Tabares <gustabares at verizon.net>:

> Did you try running the Python script from the command line? Usually it
> will
> tell you the DLL that you are missing.

the code i posted earlier, is the DLL that it cannot find. i compiled it to
a DLL and when i import it i get the DLL load failed error, even though the
path to is in sys.path

could it be because it can't find the OpenSSL dll's? i added the path to
\OpenSSL which contains the dll's, to my sys.path before i tried importing
my dll.

i really cant understand whats throwing the error. i have already run tests
on the OpenSSL dll's and they all work fine. my code built fine. so why
does import give an error?