[Tutor] A Newbie Printing Question

Liam Clarke cyresse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 03:32:32 CEST 2005

First off, print <stuff> stills works from an XP cmd.exe, but only for
LPT printers, not USB.

Secondly, Win32's methods are well documented, using them isn't.
There are some tutorials included with the download, and you get a chm
help file filled with the objects and methods, but as far as tutorials
go, buy Mark Hammond's book if you want the full picture.

For what it's worth, PyWin32 is one of the simplest interfaces to the
Windows API / COM I've seen, so if you intend to do a lot of XP stuff,
you'll need it.

Oh yeah, and there's bugger all docstrings.

Regards,

Liam Clarke

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:53:07 +1200 (NZST), jfouhy at paradise.net.nz
<jfouhy at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Quoting "Jacob S." <keridee at jayco.net>:
>
> > Cool! Does anybody know of... I guess a rather *thorough* tutorial of
> > win32? for the very reason that I don't know that this existed, and there may
> > be other things I can use that I'm missing...
>
> I don't know of anything online ... It seems a very poorly-documented corner of
> Python.
>
> Oreilly have a book which may be of help to you if you do a lot of programming
> on Windows: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonwin32/
>
> The only other thing I can suggest is try running pydoc on the win32 modules and
> looking at the docstrings.
>
> --
> John.

'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.