[Tutor] random import errors?

Jeff Shannon jeffshannon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 02:18:06 CEST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 3:20 PM, Jay Loden <python at jayloden.com> wrote:
> I have a python script that runs on my webserver every fifteen minutes.  It
> has run for several months with absolutely no problems.  Suddenly, yesterday
> morning I got an email from cron with an import error for sre_constants (see
> below)

Since you're able to import these files manually, it's unlikely to be
a problem with your Python installation.  I'd suggest trying to figure
out what changed between the day before yesterday and yesterday.  I'm
just guessing here, but I'd expect that this is probably related to
either permissions or environment variables.

Jeff Shannon