[Tutor] enter key

jfouhy at paradise.net.nz jfouhy at paradise.net.nz
Tue Apr 5 12:16:59 CEST 2005

Quoting Diana Hawksworth <dianahawks at optusnet.com.au>:

> I am using the tkinter toolkit. Just wish to have the button I have
> formed replaced by the Enter key - if possible. Would the raw_input() work, as
> Bernard has suggested, or do I need another piece of code that refers to
> the Enter key?

A couple of people have mentioned event bindings.  Another alternative you could
look into is using Python Megawidgets.  These are some widgets built on top of
Tk.  Get them from http://pmw.sourceforge.net/.  Using Pmw, you could replace
your Entry widget with a Pmw.EntryWidget, and then just set the 'command' option.

I recommend Pmw if you are going to do much with Tkinter, since they give you
some nice stuff :-)

--
John.