[Tutor] database access to MSSQL

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Wed Apr 6 17:28:34 CEST 2005

Ryan Davis wrote:
> Does anyone know of a decent way to access a SQL Server 2000 database?

I make heavy use of SQL Server from Jython using Microsoft's JDBC driver. This works great if it is
an option for you.

Otherwise if your client is on Windows take a look at adodbapi. I have just played around with this
enough to see that it will connect to SQL Server so I can't vouch for the quality but at least it
claims to be ready for production use.

eGenix sells an ODBC adapter: