[Tutor] UselessPython 2.0

Sean Steeg seansteeg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 20:22:36 CEST 2005

Dear Pythonistas,

USELESSPYTHON (www.uselesspython.com) has finally come of age.

After almost two years of hemming and hawing, we've finally put our
nose to the grindstone and cranked out version 2.0 of everyone's
favorite snippet site.  Our next trick: fill it.  That's where
everyone here comes in.

As UselessPython was originally born from the Tutor list, it seems
fitting to turn to it again for this rebirth.  We're starting things
over, and we have a practically empty site that we'd like to have
swell to epic proportions.  So we're requesting that anyone with
one-offs, snippets, mini-apps, full-fledged apps and the like make a
submission to the new and improved UselessPython.  The code doesn't
have to be pretty, but it does have to work.

We're also looking for ideas for new Python Challenges: ideas for
things that will rouse the creative spirit in visitors.  After all,
without a problem to solve, programming is just a bunch of goofy words
and indentations.

So please, do this list and Python in general a favor and visit (and
support through your code) the new and (hopefully) improved
UselessPython.

Thank you for your time.
Sean
http://www.uselesspython.com