[Tutor] problems with doctest: apparent interferance between tests (LONG)

Rich Krauter rmkrauter at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 02:53:05 CEST 2005

Brian van den Broek wrote:
[text and code snipped]

FWIW, I ran your code using python 2.3.4 on linux with the following
modifications, and it worked fine (no failing tests out of 9):

1- added 'from sets import Set as set' since set() isn't built in in 2.3
2- changed True back to False in the following test:

>         '''Creates a new _Check_point instance; appends it to .data.
>
>         >>> # print "Testing check_point (intentional fail)."
>         >>> print Wall_clock.is_instanced
>         True

3- omitted the optionflags=doctest.ELLIPSIS argument from the following
code, since it's not available in python 2.3's doctest:

> def _test():
>     import doctest, sys
>     doctest.testmod(sys.modules[__name__], report = True,
>                            optionflags = doctest.ELLIPSIS)

Running the same code with 2.4 gave 3 failures out of 9 tests.

Rich