[Tutor] Tk code problem (Joseph Q.)

Joseph Quigley cpu.crazy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 22:20:42 CEST 2005

It seems that whenever I click the QUIT button the TK windows freezes, then
I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to be able to shut it down. Here's the code (its not
mine though):

from Tkinter import *

class App:

     def __init__(self, master):

         frame = Frame(master)

         self.button = Button(frame, text="QUIT", fg="red", command=frame.quit)

         self.hi_there = Button(frame, text="Hello", command=self.say_hi)

     def say_hi(self):
         print "hi there, everyone!"

root = Tk()

app = App(root)

It's probably the

Is there another command to close the Tk program? (like raise  SystemExit
and sys.exit()  for the text based programs)

Also could I do something like root and tk = Tk()?

P.S  I'm currently looking for an dedicated python IDE (or IDLE, i never
can tell the difference between the two)
for Linux. I know about emacs and vi (or vim) (but they're not dedicated).
I was wondering if any of you know of any.