[Tutor] Re: GUI module selection?

Steve George slgeorge at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:04:15 CEST 2005

Hi Lee,

You can currently use Pygtk on OSX as long as you use the Apple X
server.  The easiest way is through fink which has 2.4:

http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/search.php?summary=pygtk

There are efforts underway to port GTK+ to OSX natively by Hubert
Figuière, but he's only just started:

http://www.figuiere.net/hub/blog/

The best way to learn about Pygtk is through the list:

or http://www.pygtk.org

If your application is going to be mostly used from Linux then pygtk
is a good choice as it's bundled in with the majority of
distributions.  If it's cross-platform then WX is probably better as
they've focused on this area.  If it's Mac OSX then PyObj seems the
way to go.

Cheers,

Steve