[Tutor] how to display an image using python

Ertl, John john.ertl at fnmoc.navy.mil
Thu Apr 14 20:59:42 CEST 2005

All,

I have asked this question before, but one more time most have commented
about manipulation but displaying the image has become the big issue.  I
want to display png and gif images on a Linux machine using python.  I am
using PyNGL to make the images and PIL to manipulate them but I cannot load
xv on the machines and PIL uses xv to display.  I have looked at
PythonMagick but I could not even get past installing it.  It does not have
a setup.py and uses boost.  I am hoping for a more straightforward Python
way.

Thanks,

John Ertl