[Tutor] "paused" graphic leaves a 'residue' when returning to game?

D. Hartley denise.hartley at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 00:12:46 CEST 2005

Another quick question:

I can pause and unpause the little game I created, and I have a
graphic to display over top of the game screen when it is paused,
which tells the user which key to press to unpause, right?  It's set
up the same way as my "game over" graphic.  But in any case, when I
unpause, it leaves this "residue" of the "paused" text on the game
screen. the moving game characters move over it and sort of wipe it
out, but I have no idea why it's there or how to clear it!

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this before? I can post the
specific code if that would be helpful.  I've tried to clear the
screen, refresh, etc., and since the pause screen uses the same code
as the game over screen I figured the former should not leave a
residue if the latter does not.  Any suggestions for things to try
out, to fix this?

Thanks a ton!

~Denise