[Tutor] newbie intro to pickle

D. Hartley denise.hartley at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 01:52:56 CEST 2005

Hello everyone! (Yes, another thread from me).  I had a question that
started in another thread, but it has turned into a huge, gaping chasm
of confusion for me on its own, so I thought I would start another
thread with a more specific subject line.

I am working on creating a high score list for the game I'm making,
and want to be able to save the new added scores to it.  I was told to
use pickle (import pickle), which is part of python.

So I imported it, asked the shell window for 'help' (egad, technical
jargon!) and did a search on python, same result.  None of my
beginners' tutorials have anything about pickle, unfortunately (very
frustrating!)

Does anyone know if there are some *beginner*-user-friendly tutorials
out there for pickle? Or can give a sample of how you would implement
it into a VERY SIMPLE program? Obviously I can get to the "import
pickle" step, but once I'm past that, I'm totally lost!

Thanks :)

~Denise