[Tutor] newbie intro to pickle

D. Hartley denise.hartley at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 03:57:47 CEST 2005

Thanks, Tony, your example is much clearer (to me!) than that on the
python page.  A couple quick questions about it:

So the .dump command is, in effect, saving the file, correct? which
takes the object you're saving (in my case it would be
high_scorelist), and ("filename","..... what is the "w" ?)  Why does
the temp file you're saving into end in .pik?

Then import is, in effect, loading the file (the score list) from
wherever you saved it.  do you have to give it a new name? (i.e.,
"my_list_reloaded"?) I'm thinking not. i could import the file right
before the high score list is displayed in the game, and dump  right
after a new score is added/the list is changed?

Thanks for creating an easy-to-follow example!

:)

~Denise