[Tutor] Has anyone ever tried to convert the textual output of thedis module to another language

Jacob S. keridee at jayco.net
Sun Apr 17 04:11:35 CEST 2005

> Just curious. Googling for 'python "dis module" convert "another
> language" ' only got two hits. So maybe no one is trying it? I was
> just daydreaming about a native python compiler, and wondered how
> feasible it would be.

Well, from the way I understand the google search works, you would have to
hit a website that contains *exactly* 'dis module' and\or *exactly* 'another
language' and\or 'python' and\or 'convert'

I hope that your true google search string doesn't contain the two single
quote on the outside...
That would mean the website would need to look for the whole string exactly.

So basically any website that contains 'dis module', which stands for what
by that way? Maybe you should try that without the quotes becase of this
abbreviation that potential hits might not use.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, try generalizing the search.

Maybe other people call what you're asking for by a different name that you
aren't including.

Such searches aren't a really good way to judge the statistics of said
projects due to the name idea etc.

Okay, I'm done.
Jacob