[Tutor] Re: If elif not working in comparison

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 18 08:55:52 CEST 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, gerardo arnaez wrote:

> I have finished a coumadin dose calcalutor
> but want to have it work via a web interface.
>
> The base code is here
>  http://mung.net/~dude/coumadinAll.html
>
> but not sure what would be the next step in getting this working
> on the web.

Hi Gerardo,

One place you may want to look at is:

    http://www.python.org/topics/web/

which tries to collect all the web programming resources in one place.

The module you'll probably be working with the most is the 'cgi' library:

    http://www.python.org/doc/lib/module-cgi.html

so you may want to quickly peruse it at some point.

Preston Landers has written a nice CGI tutorial in Python here:

    http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Python/Writing-CGI-Programs-in-Python

It covers many of the fundamental things you'll want to know.  It is a bit
dated (from 1999!) though, so make sure you're talking to folks on Tutor;
we can help point out places where Python's CGI support has improved since
1999.

If you have more questions, please feel free to ask.