[Tutor] crash - switching between text window and graphics/gamewindow (high score)

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 21 01:10:48 CEST 2005

On Apr 20, 2005, at 23:57, Alberto Troiano wrote:

> Hi
>
> The thing is this
>
> I get an error that says sort() has no arguments
>
> Th error is in the sentence
> high_score.sort(reverse=TRUE)
>
> If you put just sort() it will work but the list will show from low to
> high and we don't want that 'cause if you make a high score it won't
> be able to know so you have to figure out another way to reverse the
> list
>
> Regards
>
> Alberto

	I seem to recall Denise is using Python 2.4, where as you're using a
2.3 version. In Python 2.4, additional arguments were added to the
list.sort() method: reverse, when set to True, sorts the list in
reverse order, and key is a function which when applied to a member of
the list, returns the element in function of which the list is to be
sorted.
	So the error probably is elsewhere. Don't have time to take a look at
it, though, sorry (50-page report due soon... I hate those :( ).

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a
perfect, immortal machine?"