[Tutor] trouble setting the environment

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Thu Apr 21 22:49:15 CEST 2005

Ertl, John wrote:
> Kent,
>
> Good idea except that the environment that needs to be set depends on the
> answers to some of the input that I get in the Python program.   Nothing is
> ever easy here.

Maybe you could write a Python program that asks the questions, then spawns a shell task which sets
the correct environment and runs another Python program that does the rest of the work?

Or, a ksh wrapper that sources the right program then outputs its environment to a .py file that you
can import to get the config?

Just don't give me credit for the idea, I don't want to have anything to do with it :-)

Kent