[Tutor] SOAPPy - server and threading?

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Fri Apr 22 16:16:05 CEST 2005

Hi all;

just hope I'm not completely OT with this here; if so, I sincerely apologize... At the moment, I am trying to implement a small client/server system that communicate using SOAP, and for each client to connect to the SOAP server (via HTTP) I wanted to run a thread which exclusively is responsible to serve that very client.

My problem is: Currently I create a SOAPServer and make it available using serve_forever(). I want to put this into several threads, as well, but I read about having to manually send threads to sleep in Python to allow other threads to be processed within the "parent" process. serve_forever() in SOAPServer, anyhow, only terminates if the process is interrupted or killed.

So, do I have a chance to put a SOAPServer into threads in Python, or do I have to search for a solution other than SOAPPy?

TIA and bye,
Kris