[Tutor] SOAPPy - server and threading?

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Fri Apr 22 16:53:52 CEST 2005

Kristian Rink wrote:
> HAt the moment, I
am trying to implement a small client/server system that communicate using SOAP, and for each client
to connect to the SOAP server (via HTTP) I wanted to run a thread which exclusively is responsible
to serve that very client.

> My problem is: Currently I create a SOAPServer and make it available using serve_forever(). I
> want
to put this into several threads, as well

If you want each request to be handled in its own thread, use ThreadingSOAPServer instead of
SOAPServer. If you want to dedicate a thread to each client, I think you will have to run multiple
SOAPServer instances. Each one will need its own port as well.

Kent