[Tutor] Re Help with this script

John Carmona jeannot18 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 23 16:44:48 CEST 2005

Thanks Kent, it is working now. Is this what you meant in your reply?
Because if I set up the main code at the end of the script I was still
getting an error message.

Also, what do I need to use if for example I want my code to rerun once I
have computed let's say a volume. Right now the execution of the script
gives me "None" at the end.

Thanks
JC

#By J Carmona
#Programme that compute volumes or surfaces
##First menu is for the calculation of area
##Second menu is for the calculation of volume

##First ask the user what he wants to do
running = True

def area_rect():
        length = input("Length: ")
        width = input ("Width: ")
        print "The area is: ",length*width

def area_circ():
        radius = input("What is the radius?: ")
        print "The area is approximately: ", 3.14159*(radius**2)

def area_squ():
        side = input ("What is the length of one side?: ")
        print "The area is: ", side*side

def area_tgle():
        base = input ("What is the base of the triangle?: ")
        heigth = input ("What is the heigth of the triangle?: ")
        print "The area is: ",base*heigth/2

def vol_sph():
        radius = input("What is the radius?: ")
        print "The volume is: ", (4*3.14159*radius**3)/3

def vol_cube():
        side = input("Side: ")
        print "The volume is: ",side**3

def vol_box():
        width = input ("What is the width of the box?: ")
        length = input ("What is the length of the box?: ")
        depth = input ("What is the depth of the box?: ")
        print "The volume is: ", width*length*depth

def vol_cone():
        radius = input ("What is the radiux of the base of the cone?: ")
        heigth = input ("What is the heigth of the cone?: ")
        print "The volume is: ", (1/3)(3.144159*(radius**2))(heigth)

def task_options():
        print "---------------------------------------"
        print "Options:"
        print "a. Print options: "
        print "b. Do you want to calculate areas?: "
        print "c. Do you want to calculate volumes?: "
        print "d. Quit the programme"
        print "---------------------------------------"
        choice = raw_input("Choose an option: ")
        if choice == 'a':
            print task_options()
        elif choice == 'b':
            print print_options()
        elif choice == 'c':
            print print_options_2()
        elif choice == 'd':
            running = False

def print_options():
        print "------------------------------"
        print "Options:"
        print "a. print options"
        print "b. calculate circle area"
        print "c. calculate square area"
        print "d. calculate rectangle area"
        print "e. calculate triangle area"
        print "f. quit the programme"
        print "------------------------------"
        choice = raw_input("Choose an option: ")
        if choice == 'a':
            print_options()
        elif choice == 'b':
            area_circ()
        elif choice == 'c':
            area_squ()
        elif choice == 'd':
            area_rect()
        elif choice == 'e':
            area_tgle()
        elif choice == 'f':
            print_options()

def print_options_2():
        print "------------------------------"
        print "Options:"
        print "a. print options"
        print "b. calculate the volume of a sphere"
        print "c. calculate the volume of a cube"
        print "d. calculate the volume of a box"
        print "e. calculate the volume of a cone"
        print "f. quit the programme"
        print "------------------------------"
        choice = raw_input("Choose an option: ")
        if choice == 'a':
            print_options()
        elif choice == 'b':
            vol_sph()