[Tutor] Re: Tkinter and Animation

Michael Lange klappnase at freenet.de
Wed Apr 27 22:46:42 CEST 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:35:47 -0700
Jeremiah Rushton <jeremiah.rushton at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wanted them to visually shrink and visually move to a corner on the frame.
> I did not know how to do it the way you explained, thanks for that. But is
> there any way to do it visually?

I guess so, if you use the "place" geometry manager. With place() you can determine
things like x- and y-coordinates on the parent widget and relative width / height,
so if you start a loop that moves the button 2 pixels up and one pixel to the left
every 50ms for example it might come close to the kind of animation you want.
It's probably tricky, but I think it's possible.

Best regards

Michael