[Tutor] single executable

Luis N tegmine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 08:35:28 CEST 2005

On 7/31/05, Jorge Louis de Castro <jobauk at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I have been googling this issue and found this
> article:
>
> http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/moin.cgi/SingleFileExecutable
>
> that seems to indicate what I want is possible and it is available.

Hi,

I looked at this, and took the time to try out the approach some time ago,
you should be aware:

<quote> The startup time of a wxPython app with lzma compression becomes
very long (1+ minute) on a machinne with 64MB RAM and a Pentium 200MHz, but
it's usable on faster machines that are common today ;-) </quote>

The startup time is rather long, and this sould be considered as a serious
drawback of this approach.

Luis.