[Tutor] Color text in Text widget

Jorge Louis de Castro jobauk at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 1 22:12:53 CEST 2005

I found a way to do it but I'm not sure it is the cleanest. Maybe someone
else on this list can offer a better solution.

I use the text's configuration to define tags that I apply to sections of
the text. For example:

txtBox = Text(self, width=80, height=20)
# configuration for red
txtBox.tag_config("r", foreground="red")
# configuration for blue
txtBox.tag_config("b", foreground="blue")

txtBox.insert(END,"I am red ", "r")
txtBox.insert(END,"and I am blue\n", "b")

Hope that helps
jorge