[Tutor] terminology question

jfouhy@paradise.net.nz jfouhy at paradise.net.nz
Tue Aug 2 06:52:05 CEST 2005

Quoting Dick Moores <rdm at rcblue.com>:

> Why are list comprehensions called that?

Because that's what they're called in Haskell, I guess..

It's historical, based on the term "set comprehension" from mathematics, also
known as "set builder notation": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_comprehension


More information about the Tutor mailing list