[Tutor] terminology question

Dick Moores rdm at rcblue.com
Tue Aug 2 07:28:10 CEST 2005

jfouhy at paradise.net.nz wrote at 21:52 8/1/2005:
>Quoting Dick Moores <rdm at rcblue.com>:
> > Why are list comprehensions called that?
>Because that's what they're called in Haskell, I guess..

This Haskell, I suppose?

>It's historical, based on the term "set comprehension" from mathematics, 
>known as "set builder notation": 

And I was a math major..



More information about the Tutor mailing list