[Tutor] Corrupt files (fwd)

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 2 22:22:13 CEST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 22:12:34 +0200 (CEST)
From: "[iso-8859-1] Øyvind" <python at kapitalisten.no>
To: Danny Yoo <dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Corrupt files

Hello and thank you.

I don't really think that will help. The files are mostly smaller ones of
for example jpg, avi, txt, doc and xls files. It is not published any MD5
checksums. Is there any way to check for example that a jpg file is
completed without opening it? Or, is there some way to check the filesize
on the server thru http (urlretrieve) and compare with the filesize of the
downloaded file? Do you think that would work?

Thanks in advance....