[Tutor] Corrupt files (fwd)

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at saudi.net.sa
Wed Aug 3 08:44:08 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 13:22 -0700, Danny Yoo wrote:

> [...]
I'm not sure what this is all about, but here's something you might find
it useful.

An HTTP "HEAD" request is like an HTTP "GET" (or normal retrieval) but
the server will not send any data, only the header part.  This might be
useful to you to compare the size and modification date of the files.
Of course, this all assume that the server does send such information
(sadly, some badly programmed/configured HTTP server don't do that!).

For more information about "GET" and "HEAD", search the web or ask here
again.

Ziyad.