[Tutor] Getting web pages and formatting text

David Holland davholla2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 5 10:02:33 CEST 2005

Alan, Kent,

Thanks for that I will have a look and hopefully come back with a complete script next week.

David

Alan G <alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk> wrote:
> Two questions :-
> 1) Is it possible to download to your hard drive using python
> various web pages ie if the pages have the structure
> http://address/node=xxx&pagretree=&fromdid=nx&objectid=ny

YEs, look at the urlib module documentation.

> 2) Is it possible to use python to put text into a table I don't
> mean an sql table I mean a text table.

An HTML table sure, otherwise its a formatted text string - using tabs
probably.

If you mean a table as in MS Word - with lines and bold headers etc -
then
thats a whole heap harder. HTML is my preferred option there.

HTH,

Alan G