[Tutor] Curses example on Linux?

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 18:36:49 CEST 2005

> "ky = chr(msvcrt.getch())". The other problem is that when
> the program is finished the previous terminal state is not
> restored (I am using xterm on Linux).

Yep, and that applies to my cygwin terminal too. I think there
is a setty command you can issue that fixres this but since I
hardly ever use curses I can't recall what it is - anyone???

>   Finally, I noticed a typo in the example "class Message" in
> section Object Oriented Programming. __init__ is written __inti__
> in "def __inti__(self, aString):".

OK, Thanks. If you find any more typos send them to me via
the mail me link at the bottom of each page - it saves bandwidth
on the tutor list (and my embarrasment :-)

BTW Which version of the tutor are you reading? The inti bug
seems to have been fixed in the latest English version...

Alan G