[Tutor] ANN: Python training, Aug 29-31, San Francisco

Wesley Chun wesc at fuzzyorange.com
Tue Aug 9 22:28:20 CEST 2005

hi all,

just wanted to announce my next public Python course.  it's
a 3-day course held near the San Francisco airport.  please
sign up quickly as there are only 10 more open spots!  let
me know if you have any questions.

the website is http://cyberwebconsulting.com (click "Python
training"), but more info is given in the annoucenment below.

thanks,
-wesley

What:   Python Programming I: Introduction to Python
When:   August 29-31, 2005
Where:  San Francisco, CA, USA

Already know Java, Perl, C/C++, JavaScript, PHP, or TCL/Tk,
but want to learn Python because you've been hearing about
how Google, Yahoo!, Industrial Light & Magic, Red Hat, Zope,
NASA, and IronPort are using this object-oriented, open
source applications and systems development language?

Python is rapidly gaining momentum worldwide and seeing more
new users each year. While similar to those other languages,
Python differentiates itself with a robust yet simple-as-VB
syntax which allows for shorter development time and
improved group collaboration.

Need to get up-to-speed with Python as quickly as possible?
Come join us in beautiful Northern California the week
before Labor Day.  We are proud to announce another rigorous
Python training event taught by software engineer and "Core
Python Programming" author, Wesley Chun.  This is an intense
introduction to Python programming geared towards those who
have some proficiency in another high-level language.

Topics include:

    * Python's Objects and Memory Model
    * Data Types, Operators, and Methods
    * Errors and Exception Handling
    * Files and Input/Output
    * Functions and Functional Programming
    * Modules and Packages
    * Classes, Methods, and Class Instances
    * Callable and Executable Objects

This course will take place daily August 29-31, 2005 (Monday
through Wednesday, 9am - 5pm) in San Bruno, CA, right near
the San Francisco International Airport at the:

Staybridge Suites
San Francisco Airport
1350 Huntington Ave
San Bruno, CA  94066
650-588-0770

This venue provides free shuttles to/from the airport and
has easy access to public transit (BART, CalTrain, SamTrans)
to help you get all over the Bay Area.  Afterwards, feel
free to enjoy the holiday weekend in the greatest city by
the Bay... bring your families!!

Sign up quickly as we can only take 15-20 enrollees!  For
more information and registration, just go to
http://cyberwebconsulting.com and click on the "Python
Training" link.  If you have any questions, feel free to
contact us at cyberweb-at-rocketmail.com.