[Tutor] pls. help me in sorting and choosing

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 11 09:06:28 CEST 2005

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Srinivas Iyyer wrote:

> There is no cutoff. I would choose top 20% of the all the scores.

Hi Srinivas,

Those are GenBank accessions, aren't they?

> 2. I know how to read a tab delim txt file as list but not into the
> tupeles.

Can you write a function that takes a line of the list, and turns it into
a single tuple?  That is, given:

line = "NM_004619.2	2716.3"

can you write a function that takes that tab-delimited line and extracts a
tuple from it?  If you can write that function, then you should be in

Alternatively, have you looked at the CSV library yet?

Good luck!