[Tutor] PyChecker: Installing and or Using

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Thu Aug 11 14:31:36 CEST 2005

Dick Moores wrote:
> But how do I move on? All I get is the above warning.
>
> For example, I put "import pychecker.checker" at the top of mycalc.py, my
> collection of functions. Does getting only that warning mean that
> mycalc.py has no problems? I've tried inserting some obvious errors, but
> then Python refuses to execute mycalc, as it should.

According to the docs importing pychecker only checks modules that are imported *after* the module containing the import. If you have a single-file program try using pychecker from the command line.

When you insert errors as a test, of course you have to use errors that are more subtle than syntax errors - things that would cause runtime errors. For example:

def f():
  x = y

Kent