[Tutor] re

Jesse Lands usedtire at pbembattletech.com
Sun Aug 14 02:17:19 CEST 2005

I am trying to create a simple GUI that will track a network connection using ping.  It's a starter project for me so I am sure there are other easier ways of doing it, but I am learning, so bare with me.

I figured out the first part

import os
ping = os.popen('ping -c 4 10.0.8.200')
ping_result = ping.read()

I assume I have to use Regular Expression to read the results, but I don't quite understand it.  Can someone explain it or point me in a direction to where it's explained better then what I could find with google.

TIA
Jesse
--
JLands