[Tutor] PyGTK, classes and return values?

Simon Gerber nequeo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 07:36:42 CEST 2005

Greetings, all.

I've been stumbling my way through the PyGTK tutorial, with mixed
success. So far I have been able to achieve everything I have set out to
achieve, with one rather major exception.

I have a class called 'AddAccountWindow' that creates a window asking
for hostname, username, password, account-type. That sorta thing.

When the user fills out the data and hits 'okay', it creates a class
(self.account) with the required parameters. So far, so good. But now, I
have no idea how to get that class *out* of AddAccountWindow.

I can't seem to find any way to return it. Nor can I successfully pass
anything in by reference, change it into the required class, and pass it
out again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

--
"Come back to the workshop and dance cosmological models with me?"
 - Peer, "Permutation City", by Greg Egan.

Simon Gerber
nequeo at gmail.com