[Tutor] PyGTK, classes and return values?

Simon Gerber nequeo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 07:36:42 CEST 2005

Greetings, all.

I've been stumbling my way through the PyGTK tutorial, with mixed
success. So far I have been able to achieve everything I have set out to
achieve, with one rather major exception.

I have a class called 'AddAccountWindow' that creates a window asking
for hostname, username, password, account-type. That sorta thing.

When the user fills out the data and hits 'okay', it creates a class
(self.account) with the required parameters. So far, so good. But now, I
have no idea how to get that class *out* of AddAccountWindow.

I can't seem to find any way to return it. Nor can I successfully pass
anything in by reference, change it into the required class, and pass it
out again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

"Come back to the workshop and dance cosmological models with me?"
 - Peer, "Permutation City", by Greg Egan.

Simon Gerber
nequeo at gmail.com