[Tutor] parsing through an output stream

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 09:37:34 CEST 2005

> read the returned output stream in non-blocking mode. But, I did
> not getting any of the status messages given out by mplayer

Traditionally status messages tend to be sent to stderr
rather than stdout (this means that they don't break Unix
pipelines). But that means that to read them you will need
to use popen2 (Or the new subprocess module) to access stderr.

I don't know for sure that mplayer is dping that but I'd say
its a strong possibility.

HTH,

Alan G.